Last weekend I was in Malibu at my friend’s house. Friday night I went to a YSA dance in Huntington Beach with Stephanie (Fleener), Cindy, and Junior. It was a good time. The car ride there and back was just as much fun as the dance it self. I didn’t meet anyone new, but that’s ok…I had fun just dancing with my friends. Anyways, the Dj was good and played some good songs. (Its funny how I notice Dj’s so much more now. I notice their set up, the songs they play, and their mixing skills. I’m not saying I can do better then anyone else, but I was around Djs so much for a good two years.) It started raining on the way home and I got to sit in the front seat. Well every time wind shield wiper went, It scared me and I would jump. It made a funny loud noise and so it would scare me =). Well that night we just slept at Cindy’s house since we go home late. Saturday we slept in and were lazy the whole day. We watched Maid of Honor- such a cute movie!! By 3pm Stephanie and I decided we should go home for a few hours to do some chores, We went back out to Malibu at like 7pm to watch Prom Night. We all thought it was going to be a really scary movie so we piled 5 people on their couch and it wasn’t really that scary. However, I still screamed and jumped a few times. Cindy’s little brother and I were the ones that were the most scared. I’m such a chicken!
Sunday came around and I got to watch General Conference!! I loved it! It was the spiritual boost I needed! It helped me remember that Heavenly Father loves us and KNOWS us personally! He is here for us no matter what. My two favorite quotes were from President Monson, he said, “Find joy in the journey NOW!” and from President Uchdorf, “In times of distress we can hold tightly to the hope that in times things will work out for our good.” Both quotes hit me hard. We are so blessed for what we have. When times get rough for all of us, we need to remember that the lord is here to help us along the way. Keep faithful in all we do. A good friend once told me that if we have the spirit with us in all we do then we will have nothing to be ashamed to talk about in years to come. I know that the lord wont lead me astray and I need to follow him in all that I do. I LOVED Conference!!!