Thursday, April 1, 2010

Friendly Utah

Sometimes I love how friendly people in Utah can be. Today I got to work after school and there was an old man sitting waiting for his car. So I was organizing the newspaper like I do everyday when I come in and he starts talking to me.
Old man: So whats your name?
Me: I'm Ashley
Old man: Have I seen you in here before? (okay now that I'm typing it it sounds like he is flirting with me...)
Me: Maybe, I've been working here since August.
Old man: oh okay. I see you have a sparkly on your finger.
Me: yup, I'm engaged!!
Old man: That is great, so who is the lucky guy?

I proceed to tell him how Doug and I met. But it's a little odd that I just met the man and he wants to hear our whole love story! Trust me, this happens quite a bit. Is this only weird to me? In California random people would not pry into my life and ask me about my own love story. I love that people here are so friendly. The hype of Doug and I being engaged is over, so it is always fun when people ask how I met Doug and all that good stuff.

Oh the joys of living in Utah... =)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

there is still hype in our home;)