
In high school there were 2 other girls named Ashley on the cheer squad, and one of them was an Ashley C. and the other was Ashley Nicole(88 was the year of Ashleys). So when it came time for someone to get a nickname, I was the lucky one to be chosen. And so the name Clarkie was born. Yup, I know it sounds like a dog. This started my freshman year and was supposed to be just with all the cheerleaders at practice. The name spread, and soon I had teachers calling me Clarkie and even other people that were not even cheerleaders. I'm pretty sure that if I went to some type of cheer reunion, they would all call me Clarkie.
Why do I tell you this? Because now that I have grown and matured Doug's lovely roommates have given me a new nickname. Last semester all the roommates had girlfriends and some how all the girls got nicknames. All the other girlfriends nicknames have faded and mine is the only one that has stuck. A few of the nicknames of the other girls were, baby girl, bandit, wild cat, the liberator, cheese, and then there is me...RINGER. Doug's roommate thought he was so funny when he came up with this name. I'm ringer because I ring Doug's bell (courtesy laugh everyone). In the past 8 months or so they have been calling me this, I have heard them use my real name ONCE.
I've learned to love my nickname and I do respond to it when they talk to me. I have even turned when one of them saw me on campus and yelled, "RINGER!"
I wonder what nickname Doug will come up for me later in life.=)
1 comment:
Hopefully your future nickname will be something like, "red-hot-mamma- lover" or something like that.....
Post a Comment