I am officially 21!! This was my first birthday with no family around and not at home. I was a little nervous about my birthday, but it ended up being one of the best birthdays I’ve had.
It started Monday morning at 12am. Jessica called me and sang to me and wished me a happy birthday. I was also taking Doug home at that time, so it was a perfect way to start off my birthday. When I got back to my apartment, Rachel and Leah wouldn’t let me go to sleep for a while and so they climbed in my twin bed with me and we laughed and joked for a good 30 min or so. When I woke up the next morning, there were streamers hanging from our bed room door and the hall door, Balloons EVERYWHERE, and signs all over the walls wishing me a happy birthday and saying other sweet things. Rachel, Lisa, and Leah stayed up really late doing all that for me (Kelsey was away for the night). I went to work for a few hours and when I got home Rachel and Lisa made me breakfast. They made pancakes, eggs, and potatoes. It was amazing. Next was present time…Rachel got me this book I’ve been wanting that has photographs of Christ in it and of his life, Lisa got me a BYU sweatshirt(I’ve been wanting one). After we got ready for the day Rachel, Lisa and I went and walked around the Mt. Timp. temple grounds. That temple is beautiful. That night Doug picked me up for dinner. On the way to dinner I opened up some nice smelling lotion and body spray from him. It’s a fragrance I really like; he did a great job picking it out. Doug took me to Sandy to a place called the Mayan. They serve Mexican food in a Mayan setting. It feels like you’re eating in a jungle. Then every 30 min they put on a show and people dressed the part climb rock walls and dive into a pool of water. It was great entertainment. After dinner Doug took me home and we hung around our apartment. Rachel invited people over for cupcakes and ice cream. We played lots of fun games as well. A bunch of people came over and I’m glad I got to see some people I hadn’t seen in a while, as well. Later that night Doug and I watched 17 Again, a movie we have been wanting to watch for a while now.
Overall my birthday was a blast. I really did miss having my family around me though, but with a loving boyfriend and great friends, they took really good care of me. I was nervous about my birthday for nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment