Coming from California it is really hard to get used to seeing so much mormon stuff around me and not thinking anything of it. At first every time I saw a bumper sticker that had a Y on it or something like that. I wanted to yell, "Hey look there mormon too!!" I've gotten used to that one now.
The other night I was driving with doug and listening to the radio. A commercial came on and it had a daughter talking to her dad. He was asking her if she was excited about dating because she was sixteen now. He asked where she was going and when she would be back. They it said, "Ask the important questions, sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." I have never heard a radio commercial from the church before. That is something I'm still getting used to.
I work for a member. We have the ensign in the stack of magazines, as well as the scriptures. Then customers will come in and talk to me and throw out words like, bishop, ward, and stake.
This is all so different to me. I actually kind of like it. It is a nice change from California. I like being able to talk to my employer about Church or things like that. I know I'm going to have a lot of fun up here. I just can't believe I've been here for a week already. Tomorrow is my move in date for my apartment and I'm so stoked. I helped Doug move into his apartment a little last night and it got me excited to move into mine and meet my roommates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you're seeing so many familiar 'mormon stuff' around you and hope it makes you to feel at home! Congrats for getting in to BYU! I've been to the Idaho one and loved it! So clean, beautiful and big, ha! I'm excited to hear from you and know how your classes are, what your impressions were and things like that. Have fun!
Post a Comment