Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No June Gloom For ME!

I know its already almost the middle of June, but I can already tell this month is going to be a good one. My month has started out amazing in so many ways. I’m so happy with the way things are going in my life.

I was so depressed when Rachel left for Utah. She has actually been gone for about 3 weeks now and now I’m counting down the days until I go to visit her at the end of July. I’ve also started to make some really good girl friends in my ward and in Ventura. I’m so happy and relieved that I still have a few good girl friends here (Don’t worry Rachel, I’m not replacing you…you’re one of a kind…no one sings Taylor Swift with me like you do!).

I have a new calling in my ward. I’m still the ward greeter, which I love, but I’m also co-chair on the activities committee with Kyle. I took over Rachel’s calling. I’m still really nervous about it. Activities are huge in a singles ward and I have to help plan all of them. So any suggestions for activities would greatly be appreciated!

And to top it all off, I’m dating someone! He is amazing,.....he really is! Doug treats me so well, sometimes I don't think I deserve it all=) Whenever I'm with him I can't stop smiling. I get butterflies every time I'm going to spend time with him. I really feel like this is what I’m supposed to be doing in my life right now. I’ve prayed about it because I wanted to make sure that dating someone was the right thing for me right now….and it is =) I have so much fun and am so happy every min. I get to spend with him.

Don’t you just love that feeling when the spirit reconfirms things to you? Well at church on Sunday during testimony meeting that happened to me. It was towards the end of sacrament meeting and I just had this overwhelming feeling come over me that everything that I believe and know to be true really is true. It was probably the best feeling I could have during church. Listening to everyone’s testimonies makes me so thankful that I have friends that believe in the same things that I do and know the same things that I know to be true. It is such a blessing in my life.

I’m so excited to go to the temple on Thursday night with my ward. There has not been one time that I have gone when I haven’t felt peace and the comfort that being in the lords house brings to me. I think a summer goal I want to have is to go to the temple maybe twice a month, if not more.

2 comments:

*kj* said...

I just have to say... You're AMAZING and I love you!! :o)

Rachel Barlow said...

ash..i miss you so much and i'm glad that everything is still going well at home and i feel bad i haven't looked at you blog for a little while but to be honest i hardly get on the computer anymore plus we talk all the time so i rather hear if from you than you blog! but i still love reading everything!