Thursday, March 26, 2009

All My Single Ladies

So my dad sent me this link to this blog,
go read it http://www.mormonmen-therealreason.blogspot.com/


Okay so as you were reading it, couldn't you pick out a guy to fit that description from your ward?! I sure could. I know exactly those people who ward hop because no one in our ward lives up to their standards...(Hey thats fine, if I don't live up to your standards, I don't want you anyways).
Anyways, point of the blog: Give the 5's and 6's a chance...we(yes we..girls and guys) don't always need our perfect 10 significant other.

(this blog is a come back to this other blog...go check it out...http://www.whymormongirlsstaysingle.com/)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

only 10's should go after 10's, and so on. looks are not everything, they are just the first thing

charles said...

When you told me about this in the text I was expecting it to be some self centered woman who is just overrun with ideals of "girl power." Instead I have found a dialogue about how uninformed Mormon "boys" are. And let me tell you, it is 100% correct. I, a male, take notice to all of these things as well. And I find it quite entertaining when they are going on so blatently.
Please forgive me for the statement I am about to make, but it is a product of the sheltered lives that most of these young men and boys are raised in.
I, being a convert, was raised in a southern household with different morals and standards: respect, hygiene, responsibility, etiquette, and many of the other things most ladies fawn over from southern men. Now, I do not consider myself an exception to any of the criticism, but I would like to point out how women seem to say they will settle for a 5 or 6 that treats them like angels, yet tend to pick the perfect 10s that give them no respect or what they deserve. So what I am trying to say is that just as much as you angelic like ladies suffer so do we nice guys.
Now, I am 6'2, slender athletic build, blue eyes, and brown/blonde hair(partially balding due to my insistence as a child to wear ball caps and think it was acceptable to wear my hair in a pony tail). I take care of my skin with exfoliants. I shower and use cologne. Daily!!! I workout four days a week, including weight training and running. My apartment, which I share with no one, is always clean, and if it is not then I am usually in the process of cleaning or doing something that requires more of my time. I am a regular at church, unless I am working or out of town. I am a gentleman. Caring, Kind, well spoken, and all the supposedly desired traits. Yet, I am a 27yr old single male. Now, after listing all those things I am, I don't consider myself to be the Don Juan of the South, but would like to think I am somewhat good looking.
So let this be my "cry" for a little help. Relationships are a to way street, and so is dating, and so is meeting people, and so is friendship.

Ashley said...

Chuck, Thanks for being so blunt. Your totally right. A lot of girls DO say they will give 5 and 6's a chance and they dont...agreed! I also agree that it all goes both ways.

This was just supposed to be something funny...I thought it was.