I never realized how different Doug and I were raised until it came to the food we ate and how we eat certain foods. It only hit me when we both moved to Utah and we started eating a lot of meals together.
Here are a few differences we have:
1.How to eat an egg. I eat my eggs with a tortilla, NOT a fork. Doug eats his eggs with a fork. Ever since I can remember my mom always gave my sisters and I a tortilla in the morning to eat our eggs with. She would piece it up so we use the tortilla as a utensil. Doug has started to eat his eggs with a tortilla now too. Oh you know our kids are only going to be using tortillas to eat their eggs too.
2. How to eat a hot dog. One night Doug and I decided to have hot dogs for dinner, but we had no buns. So I immediately get out the tortillas(I think you can see a pattern emerging...I eat a lot of tortillas) and Doug immediately goes for the bread. We both look at each other like what your doing is weird and wrong. I ate mine with a tortilla, and he ate his with bread. We both decided to try something new and have a bite of each others. The end result...I HATE a hot dog in bread and Doug HATES a hot dog in a tortilla.
3. Have you ever heard of Pepinos? Don't worry Doug never heard of them either until 2 nights ago! Pepinos are cut up cucumber with lemon poured over it, a little bit of salt and a lot of chile powder. Doug bought some cucumbers the other night and I instantly thought of pepinos, so I said, "Lets make pepinos, they are sooo good." Doug gave me that all familiar confused look (I get it a lot when I bring up food he has never heard of) and I knew right away he didn't know what they are. I explained it to him and he didn't seem interested. I still need to make some to have him try them out. I grew up getting pepinos from the ice cream man and then when I got older Megan and I would make them all the time.
I really do love all of the differences between us. It just gives us a chance to keep learning more about each other. Doug is very good about trying anything I make for him even if he thinks it is weird. That is just another one of the many reasons I love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thats hilarious. Differences are great, with your spouse, and with your friends. It just keeps life fresh! :)
Post a Comment