Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Recap

Doug has been sick for a while and once last Thursday came around he was at his worst. I skipped one of my classes and took him to the doctor to find out he has strep throat. He got his medicine and stayed home all day Thursday and Friday to rest. Our Valentines day weekend consisted of us staying at his apartment each night watching movies and the Olympics. I didn't even mind not going out for Valentines day, I'm glad he was able to get some rest and I was able to take care of him.
About a week and a half ago, I asked Doug what he wanted for Valentines day because I did not want to get him anything useless. He said, "instead of you spending money on me, lets just go out." I took that as we are not getting presents for each other. Doug is very tricky with his words so he never lies, but I just assume a different meaning. Even though no gifts would be exchanged, as I thought, I still wanted to write him a nice love letter. So Friday night, while I was taking care of him, he needed something from his room, so I said I would go get it for him. He replies with, " No you can't your present is in there and you'll see it!" So I told him we agreed not to get presents, but just go out. Doug said,"No I told YOU not to get me anything."

He is so sneaky, but I love him sooooo much!!!!

Take a look at my Valentines day present, I love them! I have the best fiance EVER!

(check out the name!!!...Sounds good doesn't it??)

6 comments:

Bre said...

love it! so fun! I put your name in my phone already as "Ashley Bell" 'heeheehee

Tamara said...

I love it!! Let me tell you, though. I am so pregnant. I started crying when I saw it!! He is a very sweet boy. We love you both so much.

Stephanie said...

Well you cant back out now, or you can't use the new scrips!;)and they are so cute! yeah, scrips doesn't sound as good for scriptures as it does for perscriptions.

See Mom Smile said...

Awwww. Cute and mushy and perfect. Love my Ashley Bell <3

Cody and Kylie said...

Im one of Doug's good friends, and I love reading about you two. You are a lucky girl. Doug is a sweetheart, and I am glad he found someone like you to be with forever! Thats an awesome, and very thoughtful gift! Nice work Doug. Makes sense, he's probably already told you the story about his parents and his mother's first set of Diane Bell scriptures. Very cute.

AdrianneJayne said...

This is what Jed got me for the Christmas right before we got married! It was a total surprise and I LOVE them!

Good Job Doug!