
So this weekend our Stake was privledged to have Sis. Julie B. Beck come and speak to us at a womens conference on Saturday. It was great. She is an excellent speaker. It was a Q&A session, where anyone could ask her anything and she would answer. I learned a lot and took a lot of notes of course. I learned about when to have kids, finding time to study the scriptures and helping to reactivate members.
The best part of the weekend was that she came to the singles ward on sunday and spoke to our R.S. and all the laurels in the stake. I'm a ward greeter in my ward with my good friend stephanie, so we were able to greet sister Beck as she came in the chapel. We shook her hand and got to talk to her a bit. It was great. We had another Q&A session. I felt a got a lot more out of this one. The questions that were anwered had more to do with my life. They were about finding a husband, school, and possibly going on a mission. I felt peace as I listened to her. I had a few questions answered that day that were on my mind. It was such a neat experience and one I will never forget.
Funny thing... As Sister Beck walked in on Sunday she walked in with about 5 people surrounding her and following her. They even followed her to the restroom and WAITED for her outside. I mean I understand her husband waiting for her so they could walk in together but I just didn't understand the stake pres., his wife, stake R.S. pres, her daughter, and Bro. Beck waiting for her. All I know is that Salt Lake comes out with some pretty funny rules for when a General Authority goes anywhere. You are not allowed to give them anything, like a gift, you can not ask for autographs, and you can not ask them to pose for a picture. I'm sure Jesus WOULDN'T turn down any of those things. Sorry thats just my little rant on that.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutley loved listening to her speak. I got so much out of it. It was an amazing spiritually filled weekend. It was that little boost I needed to get through the rest of this year.
Thank you to all of those people who took their time and efforts to get here to come to our stake, I really appreciate it =)
Thank you to all of those people who took their time and efforts to get here to come to our stake, I really appreciate it =)
1 comment:
Isn't her husband just the coolest?
Post a Comment